The Importance of Proper pH Balance of the Gastrointestinal System
have indigestion, stomach pain or acid reflux?
wonder if you absorb nutrients efficiently?
have food allergies?
Have you been told that you have “heart burn”, “indigestion” or “acid reflux” and that you’ll need to be on medication for the rest of your life to control your stomach pain? Does this seem right to you? Why not focus on fixing the problem rather than masking its symptoms with drugs for the rest of your life?
How did this happen?
Most people in our Western society and Western Medical Doctors are misguided about the role stomach acid plays in health. Most people:
- Think they have too much stomach acid, when in fact they have too little.
- Treat the “acid reflux” or “heart burn” symptom by suppressing stomach acid production, which leads to long-term health problems.
- Eventually lose the capacity to produce sufficient stomach acid as a result of not eating enzyme-rich raw plant foods and other dietary mistakes and continual reliance on antacids that suppress the body’s ability to produce stomach acid.
You’ve spent most of your life eating cooked, processed foods that have had all of their naturally-occurring digestive enzymes destroyed. The lack of these natural digestive enzymes in your food forces your body to overproduce stomach acid to compensate for the lack of digestion that would have occurred with the enzymes. Eventually, the long-term over-production of stomach acid can cause the stomach to loose its ability to produce stomach acid.
Over the years, your body’s capacity to produce stomach acid begins to diminish. Diminished stomach acid causes the loss in your body’s ability to sufficiently process food in the stomach. The health consequences of inadequately digested food can be profound.
Low production of stomach acid has become very common. A person over age 40 who eats a Standard American Diet has a high probability of having low stomach acid. Note that symptoms of low stomach acidity are often the same symptoms associated with too much stomach acid: heartburn, bloating, belching, and flatulence, Indigestion, diarrhea, or constipation. Many people who think they are suffering from too much stomach acid are actually suffering from the exact opposite condition. The use of antacids and purple pills then become exactly the wrong treatment to use since they exacerbate the underlying condition while temporarily masking the symptoms.
Consequences can include:
- Poor digestion: Insufficient stomach acid means food cannot be adequately broken down. To make things worse, insufficient stomach acid also means that there is insufficient acidity to optimize the digestive enzyme pepsin, which requires a pH of around 2.0. Pepsin breaks down meat. Long-term insufficient stomach acid results in continual partial digestion of food, gas, bloating, belching, diarrhea/constipation, autoimmune disorders, skin eruptions, and a myriad of intestinal disorders .
- It is estimated that 80% of people with food allergies suffer from some degree of low acid production in the stomach.
- Many vitamins and minerals require proper stomach acid pH in order to be properly absorbed. These include: Vitamin B12, calcium, iron, and folic acid.
- With low stomach acidity and the presence of undigested food, harmful bacteria and other pathogens can more readily colonize the stomach and further interfere with digestion.
What to do
This painful situation can be turned around with a little bit of diagnostic work at the Advanced Rejuvenation Institute, some reparative therapy, and some education combined with dietary changes. Here’s the scenario:
- Our office will conduct a Hiedelberg pH Gastrogram test on your stomach to determine its pH.
- If your stomach pH is low, you will be prescribed a treatment plan to optimize the stomach pH,
- By following the treatment plan, you’ll be able to experience the disappearance of your symptoms and will not have to rely on band aide medications.
How does the Heidelberg pH Capsule System work?
The Heidelberg pH Capsule is a non-radioactive, miniature transmitter that is about the size of a regular vitamin pill and is designed to be swallowed. After you swallow the capsule, the Heidelberg pH Capsule continuously transmits the pH values from the gastrointestinal tract as the capsule passes through your digestive system. The frequencies transmitted, by the capsule are picked up by the Medallion Pendant Transceiver (worn by the patient). This converts the Transmitted data to DIGITAL SIGNALS which are further transmitted to the Central Computer Interface, which is connected to the Computer and displayed on the Computer Screen. On completion of your test, the Technician will make a Print-out of your test information for Dr. Wichman to evaluate.
Our test is far better than tests given in the hospital to obtain the same information. There is a hospital procedure whereby a naso-gastric tube is introduced into the nose. The patient must cooperate by swallowing to allow the operator to penetrate the tube into the stomach. This is a drastic and unpleasant procedure. A suction device aspirates (sucks out) some of the stomach juices and the operator determines the pH with a lab procedure. Unfortunately, this drastic hospital procedure is not carried through to the small intestine where food conversions and absorptive processes take place. Fortunately, the Heidelberg pH Capsule does the complete job. The Heidelberg pH Capsule eliminates the need for the Stomach Tube. It allows us the opportunity to determine your vital pH data simply and painlessly in our office.
NO HOSPITAL ADMISSION…NO SPECIAL PROCEDURES ROOM…NO STOMACH TUBE…NO DISCOMFORT!
pH plays an all-important role in how we handle and process foods to the nourishment of our bodies. In addition, medications, which depend upon pH for release and absorption, have optimal effects under normal pH conditions. Virtually everything that we eat is properly converted and absorbed in the small intestine. Due to abnormal pH profiles in many patients, sustained-release medications may tend to dump or release medication all at once or may release very little. A normal, or near normal, pH alimentary canal profile is very beneficial for food processing and medication delivery. The Heidelberg pH Capsule is used routinely by many of the major Pharmaceutical Manufactures, in Europe, Japan, Canada and the United States, as a design tool in the development and formulation of pH-dependent drug releases.
MORE ABOUT THE HEIDELBERG pH CAPSULE SYSTEM
The patient wears a Medallion 2000 Pendant Transceiver around his/her neck via a Camera strap. The pendant picks up the telemetric pH data from the patient’s abdomen. It converts the information to digital data, and then, this information is transmitted to a Computer Interface Module (HEIDELBERG MEDALLION 2000) for signal processing. The Computer Interface transfers this Data to our office computer. The information that is received on the graph (or Gastrogram) is compared with your medical history. This graph gives our doctor more complete and essential data to evaluate in your diagnosis. Heidelberg pH Capsules are used extensively throughout the world in Pharmaceutical research, Pharmaceutical design, Preventive and Nutritional Medical Practices, and by dozens of major Pharmaceutical Manufacturers, world-wide. There have been over 143 published clinical studies in the Archives with over 73 pertinent studies published since 1977.The Heidelberg pH Diagnostic System is a State-of-the-Art Diagnostic Tool for Measuring the pH Levels in the Digestive Tract.